Third Thursday Art Walk of Downtown Fort Morgan takes place on Thursday, April 21 – Brush News-Tribune
Downtown Fort Morgan businesses and organizations will once again host works by local and regional artists as part of the Third Thursday Downtown Fort Morgan Art Walk from 4-7 p.m. Thursday, April 21 .
Those who choose to join the self-guided tour of seven downtown locations will be able to view the artwork and can also learn about the artists’ techniques, materials and subjects. Some locations may offer light refreshments.
Stops include: Fort Morgan Library/Museum at 414 Main St., Zazzy Cafe at 119 W. Beaver Ave., Brown’s Shoe Fit at 315 Main St., The Art Spot at 109 W. Kiowa Ave., CACE Gallery of Fine Art at 300 Main St., The Better Sleep Store at 220 Main St. and Moonworks Art Gallery at 310 Main St.
Art Walk organizers encourage those participating in the Art Walk to wear masks and use social distancing practices for personal protection.
Here’s a step-by-step recap of what to expect on this month’s Art Walk:
1. At the Fort Morgan Library and Museum, 414 Main Street, there will be the permanent exhibit of Toys and Games Then and Now, and from 4:00 p.m. to 6:45 p.m., a special “Toys and games at the Art Walk” event with coloring, giant board games, video games, treasure hunt with prizes to be won, carnival games and snacks and drinks. Exhibit curator Kathleen Byrne will also be available to answer any questions regarding the Toys and Games exhibit.
2. At Zazzy Cafe, 119 W. Beaver Ave., there will be acrylic paintings by Ann Jungerich.
3. At Brown’s Shoe Fit, 315 Main St., there will be pictures of Zach Chapman.
4. At The Art Spot, 109 W. Kiowa Ave., there will be Darlene Ruyle’s acrylic paintings, barn quilts and photography.
5. At the CACE Gallery of Fine Arts, 300 Main Street, there will be artwork from various mediums of young children in the community in the new “Mixed Media Exhibition for Young Children. A reception for young artists will take place at the CACE during the Art Walk
6. At the Better Sleep Store, 220 Main Street, there will be mixed media abstract artwork by Connie Daniels Tremblay.
7. At Moonworks Art Gallery, 210 Main Street, there will be works of art by various artists in different mediums.
For more information about the Fort Morgan Downtown Third Thursday Art Walk, contact [email protected]
For more information about the Toys and Games Art Walk program at the Fort Morgan Library and Museum, contact exhibit curator Kathleen Byrne at 970-542-4014 or [email protected]