The macOS 13 Ventura wallpaper is making its way to Windows, thanks to WinDynamicDesktop
What do you want to know
- WinDynamicDesktop is a Windows application that lets you swap your PC’s background based on the time of day.
- The functionality added by the app is similar to Dynamic Desktop functionality on macOS.
- The latest WinDynamicDesktop update adds the Ventura Abstract theme from macOS 13.
Apple’s MacOS 13 Ventura brings a long list of new features to the operating system, including Stage Manager, Continuity Camera, and improvements to Spotlight. While these can improve productivity and add new options to the operating system, the part that makes Windows users envious is, of course, the Ventura wallpaper.
Systems running macOS have a dynamic wallpaper feature that changes the computer background image based on the time of day. An app called WinDynamicDesktop brings the same functionality to Windows and now includes the macOS 13 Ventura wallpaper.
An update to version 5.1.0 adds the Ventura Abstract theme to WinDynamicDesktop. This same update also adds a handful of other features, such as an option to hide the app’s system tray icon.
Here is the full changelog from GitHub:
WinDynamicDesktop 5.1 Changelog
- Added Ventura Abstract theme (#451)
- Added a dropdown in the theme download dialog to select other mirrors which may be faster
- Added “Hide system tray icon” to menu which hides system tray icon until next manual application launch (#464)
- Added Estonian translation (thanks ST)
- Fixed error when applying settings and there is no active theme (#457)
- Fixed theme not updating on connected displays when device is sleeping
- Fixed error when theme download is canceled
- Fixed PowerShell scripts being invoked multiple times with the same arguments
- Fixed incorrect theme name displayed in bold when there is no active theme
WinDynamicDesktop changes your desktop background based on the time of day. It calculates sunset and sunrise based on your location, ensuring that your PC background switches between light and dark modes at the right time. The latest update adds the Ventura Abstract theme from macOS 13, but you can also create your own custom themes.