How to customize Android 12 colors from any wallpaper
The latest version of Google’s mobile system introduces the automatic customization of Android 12: the AI ââchooses the colors according to the wallpaper. And there is a way to manually select what these colors will be, even if they are not on the chosen wallpaper.
With the arrival of the latest version of its operating system, Google has introduced automatic interface customization via the wallpaper. The so-called “material theme”, a automated system in the new design rules introduced by Material You, you don’t always choose the shades that best match your phone. And, while it does allow you to select some variations, you might prefer to choose the accent colors for Android 12.
Choose the color combination for your Android 12 mobile
Whether the system that selects colors has its strengths and weaknesses, as it usually does. Android 12 usually chooses the color scheme appropriately based on the background., but it does not always exactly match the accents. And if you don’t want to wander around testing your wallpapers, the LWP + app will come in handy.
LWP + is an application that allows color customization in the system interface and compatible applications. With it, it is possible to select any wallpaper (preferably static) then manually mark what the accent colors will be. Then, just select them directly in the wallpaper settings, those of the system itself.
The process for creating your own colors is as follows:
- Obviously, you need a mobile with Android 12 which has activated the “hardware theme”.
- Download the LWP + app from Google Play.
- Open the app, go to “Wallpaper Type” and select “Cropped Image”.
- Click “Choose another image” and select the image you want to use as your wallpaper.
- Apply the crop you want to your image and click the crop icon at the top. You may need to give it a second time, don’t worry if the orientation of the crop has changed (it actually hasn’t, it’s vertical).
- Make sure the “Select background color” is black and that you check the “Use custom colors” box.
- Now select the three tones for your Android 12: Go to “Primary color”, “Secondary color” and “Tertiary color” and select the colors.
- Apply the changes to your wallpaper with the top button “Set as current wallpaper” and set the wallpaper.
- Now go to the Android 12 wallpaper and theme picker and select the color scheme you have chosen. By default, the primary color is applied as the accent tone.
This app is perfect for those who want to configure their Android 12 phones with accented colors and who also don’t want to waste time checking that the system has chosen them correctly. LWP + is a free app and has an ad to pay for development.
LWP + – custom Monet colors
- Developer: Android DeveloperLB
- Download it on: Google play
- Price: To free
- Category: Customization
Via | XDA Developers