Genre, Platforms, Growing Competition, 3D Games, Business Models, Augmented Reality (AR) and Virtual Reality (VR)
DUBLIN, September 3, 2021 / PRNewswire / – The “Video games: global markets” report was added to ResearchAndMarkets.com offer.
The report covers the video game market with respect to user base, across different regions. It also highlights the main trends and challenges affecting the market and the vendor landscape. The report estimates the global video games market in 2019 and provides projections for the expected market size to 2025.
The gaming market is dominated by world famous consoles and brands of famous game development companies like Sony PlayStation, Nintendo, Xbox, etc. The sector is characterized by a huge amount of innovation and momentum, not just growth. Over a billion video game consoles have been sold worldwide over the past decade. Video games are a popular form of media consumption, competing with that of hollywood most profitable blockbusters.
Marketers are looking to video games in a wide variety of industries to market products, through movie links and in-game promotions. An important factor in video games is the availability of game platform and distribution technologies. The growing demand for video games has opened up a new branch of the industry. The digital games industry remains very powerful, even as other media industries are in decline.
Some of the major growth factors in the video game market include a steady increase in the number of gamers, increased innovation in game design, increased interest in e-sports, and the advancement of augmented reality (AR) and technology. virtual reality (VR). Nonetheless, the growth of the video game market is being hampered by factors such as piracy issues and gaming addiction regulations.
In this report, the video game market has been segmented, on the basis of genre, into action, shooting, sports, role-playing, adventure, racing, strategy, and others. Action games are the most popular, testing players’ reflexes, reaction speed, and hand-eye coordination. The next most famous genre is sports games. The success of the segment is mainly due to the fact that sports games mimic conventional physical sport; artificial intelligence (AI) or other real people manage the opposing team.
The video game industry is categorized by platform: console games, mobile games, PC games, and others. Mobile gaming is the biggest contributor to the ever-growing demand for video games today.
Market values were estimated based on the total revenue of video game developers. Video game publishers can earn revenue from games through various processes. Game monetization methods vary, especially between different genres or platforms. The revenues benefit developers, copyright owners and other stakeholders. Some important revenue streams for video game publishers include retail purchases, digital distribution, subscription models, microtransactions, downloadable content, player trading, and advertising.
The report includes:
- Market size estimation and global market trend analyzes, with data for 2019, estimates for 2020 and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) to 2025
- Analysis of market trends and identification of new opportunities, challenges and technological changes within the industry
- A look at the development of augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR) in the video game industry and a discussion of educational applications of video games
- Highlights of current and future market potential, market size and market share analysis based on gender, mode, type, platform and region
- Comprehensive company profiles of major industry players including Apple Inc., Epic Games Inc, Microsoft Corp., Sony Corp. and Tencent Holdings Ltd.
Main topics covered:
Chapter 1 Introduction
Chapter 2 Summary and Highlights
Chapter 3 Video Games: Market Overview
- Video game market overview
- History of video games
- Launch of game consoles
- Video game crash
- Growing competition
- 3d games
- The future of video games
- Technology development
- Traditional value chain: video game industry
- Business plans
- Pay to play
- Free-to-play (F2P) and freemium
- Impact of COVID-19
- Online vs offline
- Single-player vs. multiplayer
- Market share analysis
- Market factors
- Increase in the number of players
- Increasingly creative game design
- Video games in education
- Augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR)
- Market constraints
- Hacking and cheat codes
Chapter 4 Market Breakdown by Gender
Chapter 5 Market Breakdown by Platform
- Components of a game console
- Living room consoles
- Portable consoles
- Video games market for consoles
- Personal Computers (PCs)
- Electronic sports at the heart of the PC gaming industry
Chapter 6 Market Breakdown by Region
Chapter 7 Company Profiles
- Activision Blizzard Inc.
- Apple Inc.
- Bandai Namco Games Inc.
- Capcom Co. Ltd.
- Electronic Arts Inc.
- Epic Games Inc.
- Konami Holdings Corp.
- Microsoft Corp.
- Nintendo Co. Ltd.
- Sony Corp.
- Square Enix Co. Ltd.
- Take-Two Interactive Software Inc.
- Tencent Holdings Ltd.
- Ubisoft Entertainment SA
For more information on this report, visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/8igjth
Research and markets
Laura Wood, senior
For EST office hours, call + 1-917-300-0470
For USA / CAN call toll free + 1-800-526-8630
For GMT office hours, call + 353-1-416-8900
US Fax: 646-607-1904
Fax (outside the United States): + 353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets