Chaos adds new real-time capabilities to V-Ray 5 for Rhino
LOS ANGELES, November 04, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) – Today, Chaos extends V-Ray 5 for Rhino and V-Ray 5 for SketchUp, helping designers do more with real-time visualization. With dozens of enhancements to V-Ray Vision and a new direct link to Chaos Vantage, users can integrate real-time rendering into more elements of their process, opening up faster workflows and feedback. while working in Rhino or SketchUp.
âWhether it’s real-time ray tracing with Chaos Vantage or game-quality graphics with V-Ray Vision, this new update makes it easier to apply in real time at any stage of the process. design, âsaid Konstantin Gaytandzhiev, V-Ray for Rhino and SketchUp Product Manager at Chaos. “And best of all, whatever tool you choose, the same lights, materials and stage setups will apply across the board, so designers never lose their momentum.”
New advances in real time
Designed to serve all of the above a final render, V-Ray Vision provides a real-time view of your scene that updates as you work. The latest update expands its core feature set, bringing more options to its always-on display window. New features in V-Ray Vision include:
- Shareable 3D scenes – Users can package their V-Ray Vision scenes for others to experience in real-time 3D on their own machine – no license or additional software required. Just tap export and reviewers can experience your complete scene with all of V-Ray Vision’s features, including navigation controls, color correction settings and more.
- Video recording – Users can now record their experiences in real time directly to video to easily share presentations and presentations with others.
- Sun animation support – New support for SketchUp, Rhino and Grasshopper solar animations enables quick solar studies.
- Grass support – A grass preset can now be added to any surface to help create realistic terrains intuitively.
- Support for IES lights – IES photometric lighting profiles can now be viewed in V-Ray Vision, adding real world lighting to any interior.
- Very efficient instance – Scenes using a multitude of instances, such as forests, grass fields, crowded parking lots and more, can now continue to run at real-time speeds.
If designers need more fidelity, they can turn to Chaos Vantage, which is now directly accessible through a new Live Link. With Vantage, even the most complex scenes can be explored in real time entirely by ray tracing without any additional configuration. Vantage is currently free to all users.
In addition to the general improvements, the new update helps simplify tasks that would otherwise take users hours without these tools. These include:
- Dispersion – The new diffusion tool is perfect for creating believable terrains and detailed scenes, as it can add hundreds to millions of Chaos Cosmos objects and models on any surface, all in an intuitive and economical way. memory. Users can scatter multiple objects simultaneously while controlling their size, orientation and density for maximum realism.
- Decals – With the new V-Ray decal, it’s easy to project unique materials onto objects of any shape without any additional mapping work, making it perfect for applying graffiti to walls or logos to products. Decals can also be used on multiple materials at once, making it easy to add things like stickers, dust, smudges, and scratches to multiple objects in a scene without disturbing the underlying materials .
- New materials Chaos Cosmos – Chaos’ curated collection of render-ready V-Ray content now includes 200 new, high-quality materials that you can use on any project. Although each material can be applied immediately, users can also customize them according to their needs.
- V-Ray hardware improvements – Complex realism for transparent and translucent materials is now possible with the updated V-Ray material. Easily create glass materials for single-sided objects with the thin-walled option or configure translucent materials like plastic or wax with just a few clicks via SSS and volumetric translucency modes.
- Light Generation Improvements – Users can now add their own HDRIs to the hundreds of HDR environments included in the Light Gen library for even more lighting possibilities.
New V-Ray Features for Grasshopper
Several cutting edge features are also available for Grasshopper in Rhino. These include:
- V-Ray Scatter component for simplified diffusion.
- Chaos Cosmos for fast 3D resources.
- Chaos Vantage Live Link for real-time ray tracing.
- IES, Spot and Omni Light components for more realistic lighting.
- Improvements to camera components for quick automatic exposure adjustments and better control over depth of field.
To learn more about the new features, please visit V-Ray for Rhino and V-Ray for SketchUp “What’s New?” pages.
Pricing and availability
V-Ray 5 for Rhino, Update 2 and V-Ray 5 for SketchUp, Update 2 are available now. The license is available at $ 350 (annually) and $ 60 (monthly). Both products are also included in V-Ray Collection, an annual plan that gives users full access to 15 Chaos products and services for $ 699 / year.
Chaos is a global leader in computer graphics technology, enabling artists and designers to create photorealistic images and animations across all creative industries. Chaos develops 3D rendering and simulation software that is used daily by top design studios, architectural firms, advertising agencies and visual effects companies around the world. The company’s physical rendering engine, V-Ray, received both an Academy Award and an Engineering Emmy for its role in the widespread adoption of ray-traced rendering in movies and television. Today, the company’s advancements in ray tracing, cloud rendering, and real-time visualization are shaping the future of design communication and storytelling. Founded in 1997, Chaos is a privately held company with offices in Sofia, Prague, Seoul, Tokyo and Los Angeles. For more information, visit chaosgroup.com.
V-Ray 5 for Rhino and SketchUp, Update 2